Social Affairs Committee
The mission of the Social Affairs Committee is to promote discussions, exchange of good practices and joint actions on key social issues: the evolution of the postal sector, innovative training programs, corporate social responsibility and occupational safety, undertaken by the social partner organisations representing the two sides of the industry.
The committee represents PostEurop at the European Social Dialogue Committee for the postal sector (SDC), set up in 1999. Its objectives are to advise the European Commission on the developments in European policy which could have a social impact on the sector. Encouraging and promoting social dialogue within the postal sector and discuss structures to allow negotiations between the partners in the sector. The SDC is composed of representatives of the postal employers (PostEurop) and workers unions (UNI Europa Postal) of the 28 EU Member States. Its activities are supported by the European Commission.
The exchange of good practices
- Among employers, regular exchanges of good practices on Health and Safety, Training and Diversity
- Together with trade unions, exchanges on skills ‘development, digitalization and training
- Together with trade unions, a close follow-up of the main evolutions in the postal sector
Several joint projects co-financed by the European Commission:
- The project “Trend research for the postal sector in 2030” (2018-2019). This project’s objective is to elaborate 3 to 5 scenarios on what will be the postal sector in 2030. It is an interactive project triggering several reflections and exchanges among social partners.
- The project “Promoting social dialogue in an enlarged Europe” (2017-2018) which aims at promoting good practices in social dialogue, training and digitalization, especially towards Eastern countries.
- The “Mobilising social partners in a new context” (2015-2016) project which focused on how can social dialogue support the transformation of the postal sector and on new activities in the sector. In this framework was elaborated a MOOC on e-commerce and new activities.
- Within the framework of the Social Observatory of the postal sector, 3 projects in 2008-2009, in 2010-2011 and in 2013. These projects aimed at following the main social impacts of the current evolutions in the sector.
- The Training project “Matching Skills and Jobs in the postal sector” conducted in 2012-2013.
The signature of Joint Documents:
- The Joint Declaration on how can social dialogue support the transformation signed in 2016
- The Joint Declaration on Matching Skills and Jobs in the European Postal Sector signed in 2014
- The signature of a New Joint Declaration on Postal Sector Evolution in 2013
- The signature of Joint Conclusions on Environment in 2013
Updated 22 March 2019