The aim of the Remuneration Forum is:
- To give all PostEurop members a platform of knowledge of the remuneration systems (terminal dues, inward land rates and other terminal dues related topics during each Congress cycle)
- To encourage members to take an active role in the UPU work
- To coordinate European remuneration discussions for the next UPU Congress
- To help member posts prepare for changes in the UPU remuneration Systems
- To provide a platform for exchange of information and expertise on other important developments in the postal area
Next meetings of the Remuneration Forum:
- 12 May 2021 - UPU clearing workshop
- June 2021 - Virtual meeting (date to be confirmed)
Latest Activities & Achievements
- 25 March 2021 - Virtual meeting
- The spring meetings of the Remuneration Forum in 2020 were held on 5 May and 19 May via MS Teams, due to the COvid-19 Pandemic.
- The first meeting of the Remuneration Forum in 2019 has been held in in St. Petersburg, Russia in June. One of the main topics was the preparation for the Extraordinary Congress in Genève (Switzerland) in September 2019, regarding the E-format remuneration (small packets). Furthermore, proposals to be submitted to the Genève Congress have been discussed (e.g. amendments of the ‘bulk mail’ rule to limit remail of small packets) and possible consequences of an exit from a member out of the UPU.
- The second meeting of the Remuneration Forum in 2019 was held in November in Wien (Austria). Topics: the results of the Extraordinary UPU Congress and the subsequent UPU POC meetings. The future work to be done within the UPU Remuneration Integration group up to the UPU Congress in Abidjan in August 2020 was discussed. Detailed presentations have been made to explain how the Terminal Dues rates will be calculated in 2021 under the ‘self-declared rate’ system.
- Each of the two Remuneration Forums in 2019 have been attended by more than 70 participants from over 35 PostEurop members and observers from UPU and IPC. There has been a round table to exchange the views prior to the Genève Congress.
- Translation into English and Russian has been available at both Remuneration Forums in 2019.
- The main focus of the Forum meetings is to inform and discuss with members about the work within the UPU on remuneration, in particular about the integrated remuneration plan. It is also a forum to exchange new ideas.
Benefits of Participation
- Raised knowledge of remuneration system implications
- Raised ability to protect revenues and influence future developments
- Raised ability to improve internal processes and quality
- Become a respected partner to other posts in the evolving market situation
Two forums are usually organised each year. The aim is to also attract other members who do not usually take part in such events, to give them a better understanding of this complex task. Please contact us for any further information.
Updated on 02 April 2021