Environment Working Group
The mission of the Environment Working Group is twofold:
- Provide a platform of cooperation, learning and progress of postal operators to increase environmental awareness and performance through shared research and action
- Ensure compliance with European environmental legislation
Greenhouse Gas data collection
PostEurop has signed a co-operation agreement with International Postal Corporation (IPC) on May 2013 in the area of carbon emissions measurement and reporting. Following this agreement, IPC will communicate the collected data to PostEurop.
Main tasks of the Environment Working Group in 2020
The main tasks of the Environment Working Group in 2020 will be to:
- Follow the initiatives launched in the framework of the EU Green deal
- Obtain and share information from postal operators regarding their activities on Environment.
- Prepare analysis of the effects of postal operators on the environment.
- Implement PostEurop environmental strategy, through projects and sharing best practice in the areas of ecology and energy efficiency across the entire postal sector, specifically in construction, modernising and maintenance of facilities, transport, waste management and employee training.
Updated 17 January 2020