This section contains information (incl. Q&As, information, links to key data with regular updates) to help postal operators deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 01/04/2022 As announced by the Prime Minister, France will relax public health measures throughout the country. While distancing measures remain in place for staff and customers, La Poste can announce a return to normal for its postal operations across its network, and the restoration of normal working hours for its public offices.
- 07/03/2022 The measures aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19 in Belgium have been lifted, and postal services have returned to normal
- 03/03/2022 The measures aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19 in Slovakia have been lifted, and postal services have returned to normal from 1 March 2022.
- 02/03/2022 The measures aimed at limiting the transmission of COVID-19 in Sweden have now been lifted.
- 01/03/2022 The measures aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19 in Austria have been lifted, and the postal services have returned to normal.
- 01/03/2022 From 1 March, travelers from third countries are eligible to enter Denmark under facilitated travel rules. All travel restrictions applied to arrivals from other EU and Schengen area countries would also cease to exist.
Regulatory and governance
EU briefing (external report on what's happening in Europe)
- 17/08/2021 State aid: Commission approves €1b Cypriot scheme to support enterprises and self-employed individuals in context of coronavirus outbreak
- 10/08/2021 State aid: Commission approves €550m German support to compensate Deutsche Bahn for damages suffered by its subsidiary DB Fernverkehr due to the coronavirus outbreak
- 30/07/2021 State aid: Commission approves German measures worth over €2.5 billion to support rail freight and passenger operators affected by the coronavirus outbreak
- 23/07/2021 State aid: Commission simplifies rules for aid combined with EU support and introduces new possibilities to implement aid measures supporting the twin transition and the recovery from coronavirus pandemic
- 10/05/2021 State aid: Commission approves €1.9b Czech scheme to support companies in context of coronavirus outbreak
Governments and stakeholder policies
- Coronavirus: Commission approves new contract for a potential COVID-19 vaccine with Novavax (04/08/2021)
- Coronavirus: EU supports Member States wth transport of essential supplies (30/07/2021)
- Coronavirus: Commission proposes update to coordinated travel measures ahead of the summer (31/05/2021)
Last updated 27 July 2022