The aim of Monitoring Activities is to deepen the activities of EAC on the areas covered and raise the level of awareness of members regarding the topics listed below. In this way, significant regulatory initiatives and discussion themes can be taken on-board at EAC level, not necessarily in a Working Group structure :
- Financial Services Legislation
- Services of General Interest
Financial Services Legislation
The objective of this monitoring activity is to follow regulatory developments on Financial Services relevant for postal operators;
- Analysis focusing on key issues;
- Ensuring liaison with other activity segments possibly working on related issues within PostEurop.
The monitoring activity follows the development and implementation of:
- PSD2 (Directive (EU) 2015/2366 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on payment services in the internal market) and the implementing and delegated acts on PSD2.
- The European Commission’s Consumer financial services action plan aiming to :
increase consumer trust and empower consumers when buying services at home or from other Member States;
reduce legal and regulatory obstacles affecting businesses when seeking to expand abroad, and support the development of an innovative digital world.
The eInvoicing Directive (Directive 2014/55/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 16 April 2014 on electronic invoicing in public procurement) and common European standard on eInvoicing.
Services of General Interest
The objective of this activity is to follow developments regarding services of general economic interest on EU level. Services of general economic interest are an integral part of the European postal sector and postal operators’ activities, including universal services as defined by the postal services directive 97/67/EC, as amended.
Updated on 26 March 2019