“A year of a very different kind is now behind us. 2020 was largely dominated by the outbreak of the coronavirus and the ensuing pandemic. As a company, we succeeded in managing this difficult situation well. We demonstrated our ability to handle major fluctuations in volume with high delivery quality, while driving forward our improvement programs at no less of a high pace. All in all, this led to sharply improved results in 2020,” says Annemarie Gardshol, PostNord's President and Group CEO.
The year in brief
- PostNord delivered nearly 200 million parcels and 2.6 billion letters and other mail items.
- Very high demand for home deliveries and contact-free deliveries of parcels in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic. During Black Week, PostNord handled 9.1 million parcels in the Nordic region, an increase of 31 percent compared with the corresponding period in 2019.
- New and expanded terminals were entered into service and decisions were approved regarding investments in infrastructure to enable cost-efficient growth in line with the growth in e-commerce.
- Strengthened strategic partnership with DPDgroup, Europe’s biggest international network for parcel deliveries.
- Good progress in the improvement programs, robust demand in the parcels business and high productivity combined to produce improved results and cash flow.
- Before the end of 2020, PostNord achieved its goal of reducing its carbon footprint by 40 percent from the level in 2009. A new ambition of becoming fossil-fuel free by 2030 was adopted.
- Launch of new brand strategy that better reflects the progress achieved in our service offerings in order to become the favorite carrier of the Nordics.
- Extension of agreement with the Danish government regarding additional costs of the universal service obligation in Denmark.
PostNord’s Annual and Sustainability Report is available in Swedish and English. The Sustainability Report, which forms part of the Annual Report, has been drawn up in accordance with the Swedish Annual Accounts Act and GRI Standards.
PostNord’s financial statements in Swedish are available at https://www.postnord.com/sv/investor-relations/finansiell-rapportering and in English at https://www.postnord.com/investor-relations/financial-reporting.Contact person: Malin Nordén. This information is of such a nature that PostNord AB (publ) is obliged to make it public pursuant to the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted, through the agency of the contact person defined above, for publication at 11:00 CET on March 12, 2021.