- Royal Mail has revealed this year’s top 10 most wanted presents, according to what children have written in their letters to Santa
- Games consoles top the list this year, with perennial favourite, Lego taking the number two spot for the second year running
- Bikes ride back onto the list in third place – they didn’t make the list in 2018, despite placing second in 2017
- Books take fourth spot – having not appeared on the 2018 or 2017 lists
- Scooters have tumbled to fifth most wanted this year, down from third in 2018
- For 56 years, Royal Mail has had the special privilege of managing Santa’s mailbag, giving us a unique insight into what children really want for Christmas
- Santa’s helpers at Royal Mail recorded what the children wanted before sending the letters on to him at the North Pole
With just over a week to go until Christmas, Royal Mail has revealed this year’s top ten most wanted presents, according to children in their special letters to Santa.
Father Christmas’ team of Royal Mail elves, who have managed Santa’s mailbag for 56 years, have carried out the most authoritative survey of children’s wishes this Christmas.
Unlike most toy surveys in the run up to Christmas, Royal Mail’s findings come directly from the children themselves.
Top of the list this year are Games Consoles - with perennial favourite Lego taking the number two spot for the second year in a row. Lego has appeared in the top three since 2013.
Bikes ride into third place – they dropped off the list completely in 2018, despite having taken second place in 2017.
Books leap into fourth place despite not featuring on 2017 and 2018 lists, while Scooters drop from third in 2018 down to fifth in 2019.The Animal Alley Giant Unicorn gallops into sixth place for the first time ever, while mobile phones drop from sixth in 2018 to seventh in 2019.
Three new entries complete the Top 10, with baby dolls and clothes as the eighth and ninth most popular requests of Christmas 2019 and LOL Dolls in tenth spot - also appearing for the first time.
The findings come from Santa’s helpers’ analysis of many of the thousands of letters sent to Santa, and reveal what children REALLY want for Christmas this year.
The top ten most requested toys of 2019 are:
1. Games Console
6. Animal Alley Giant Unicorn
7. Mobile phone
8. Baby doll
10. LOL Dolls
Axelle Galera, Royal Mail Chief Elf, has the important task of ensuring children’s letters reach Reindeerland at the North Pole, she said:
“Royal Mail plays a special part at Christmas. We are proud that for over 50 years Santa has allowed us to help manage the thousands and thousands of special letters he receives from boys and girls across the UK.
“His special team of elves at Royal Mail enjoy taking a peek at what children are asking for, and helping Santa reply to these special letters!”
Source: Royal Mail