- Tracked Email Notifications ensures customers have a clearer idea of where their order is
- Customers will receive email alerts about the progress of their parcels
- Service comes in several different languages
- Tracked Email Notifications are free add on to international tracking services
Royal Mail has launched a new service that will give overseas customers of UK-based retailers a more convenient way to track their parcels.
Tracked Email Notifications, available from September 11 as a free add on with all Royal Mail International Tracked products1,is designed to ensure customers have a clearer idea of where their order is at any given time.
Initially available to customers who have a business account with Royal Mail, the service provides recipients with a series of push emails alerting them when their item has:
- left the UK
- arrived in the receiving country
- entered and cleared customs (outside the EU where data available)
- been delivered/attempted to be delivered
As the tracking notifications are delivered direct to the customer’s inbox, there is no need for the customer to log in to a separate website for an update. This delivers a more streamlined and transparent service, giving consumers added confidence in their retailer. The system will also proactively let recipients know when their delivery has arrived or whether it is still in customs.
Under the initiative, Royal Mail will provide the retailer with a link that they can embed into an email to their overseas customers. This will enable customers to select the notifications that they would like to receive, as well as their preferred language.
Languages include: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Danish, Russian and Greek. The service is available in all countries that Royal Mail sends International Tracked products to with the exception of Argentina and Ecuador.
Source: Royal Mail Group