- Royal Mail today launches MailshotMaker, mailshotmaker.com Opens in new window, an online tool for small businesses to create their own professional, cost-effective mailshots.
- With MailshotMaker small businesses can design and send mailshots to consumers from as little as 49p per mailing (including postage) and there is no minimum volume or contract required.
- The easy-to-use tool offers three mailshot formats, a selection of themed design templates or a blank canvas option.
- There is a free-to-use image library and users can review a free sample of each design before launching their campaign.
- Small businesses can now execute mail marketing campaigns in three working days, from design to delivery at a customer’s door.
- The tool has been launched after research revealed that 69 per cent of UK small businesses prefer to develop and manage all their marketing in-house.
Royal Mail today announces the launch of MailshotMaker, mailshotmaker.com Opens in new window, an online tool for small businesses to create their own professional, cost-effective mailshots. MailshotMaker is ideal for smaller businesses which want to be in control of their marketing.
With MailshotMaker small businesses can design and send mailshots to consumers from as little as 49p per mailing (including postage). There is no minimum volume or contract required. MailshotMaker allows businesses to execute campaigns – from design to delivery at a customer’s door – in just three working days (First Class mailings).
MailshotMaker empowers business people and in-house marketers to use the power of mailshots to grow their business, whether they are reconnecting with existing customers or finding new ones. The easy-to-use tool equips users with everything they need to create and send brilliant mailshots in a matter of minutes, including design templates and a free-to-use image library.
Putting businesses in control of marketing
The launch of MailshotMaker follows research² conducted by Royal Mail MarketReach – the specialist marketing mail business of Royal Mail – that reveals 69 per cent of UK small businesses prefer to develop and manage all their marketing in-house.
Only 16 per cent of small businesses prefer to rely solely on external agencies or providers for their marketing, with 15 per cent happy to use a mixture of external agencies and their in-house team to develop marketing for their business.
Professional, cost-effective mailshots
The MailshotMaker tool has been created by Royal Mail specifically for smaller businesses. The features of the new online tool include:
- Three mailshot formats – A5 postcard, A4 letter and sealed-mailer
- A range of design templates and creative themes to suit different business needs
- Free-to-use image library of over 100 pictures and graphics, which will continue to be updated and expanded
- A free sample for each mailshot, enabling small businesses to see the quality of the mailer and the impact of their design before launching a campaign
- Expert tips embedded in the tool to guide throughout the process of designing a mailer and creating content, and how to encourage response
- A fully permissioned database of consumer contacts
Source: Royal Mail Group