Quality of Service & Operations Working Group
The mission of the Quality of Service & Operations Working Group is to:
- Improve the European postal operations network.
- Be an informative platform to increase quality of service know-how and share operational knowledge among all European postal operators
- Develop awareness concerning necessary quality of service and improve European quality of service standards
- Improve quality management and measurement activities, and support project set-up and management for quality-of-service initiatives.
- Be a platform to discuss operational topics, learn new operational technologies, available IT tools, methodologies and practices through workshops and on-site meetings.
- Support members to develop their own operational processes to meet requirements of growing e-commerce in registered, small packets and parcels business.
The group works in a very close cooperation with PostEurop’s Operations Manager to ensure the improvement of the interoperability of the European and Global Postal Network and back-to-back with Operational Data Working Group
The “principle” of our work is that PostEurop QoS & Ops WG plays an active role together with its Members (partners!) in order to achieve a higher end-to-end Quality of Service within Europe
- 5-6 May 2021 - Virtual meeting
Latest Activities & Achievements
08 December 2020 - IPS Workshop
Since 2005 till November 2019 carried out:
- 45 Process Reviews
- 26 Process Assessments
- 38 Workshops
2 Working Group meetings per yearBenefits of Participation
Workshops/Working Group meetings sharing Best Practices, enabling target countries to establish technical measurement structures and operational processes to support improvements in quality of service:
- Quality of service performance must have highest possible priority also moving forward. E-commerce has become an increasing part of our business and quality and reliability will be key performance factors. "What you promise to your customer, you will have to deliver.
- End-to-end performance will be a crucial quality element, and hence the continued cooperation between UPU and IPC on combining measurements and results will be crucial.
- Increased and targeted support to members when needed and asked by them, could be a priority, but only if these members safeguard top management support and are willing to allocate necessary resources.
Continue close cooperation with Operational Data Working Group, in particular on parcels and on e-Commerce, combined meetings and Process Reviews (e-PR)
The presentations shared during our meetings, are available to all PostEurop Members, on our extranet.
Last updated on 02 April 2021