Operations Working Group
The Operations Working Group aims to:
- Improve the European postal operations network.
- Share knowledge among all European postal operators.
- Be a platform to discuss operational topics, learn new operational technologies, available IT tools, methodologies and practices through workshops and on-site meetings.
- Support members to develop their own operational processes to meet requirements of growing e-commerce in registered, small packets and parcels business.
The group works in a very close cooperation with the Quality of Service Working Group.
- 24-25 April, Paris, France (including site visit to STP Chelles Logistic Sorting Center)
Latest Activities & Achievements
- November 2018 Tallinn, Estonia
- April 2018 Skopje, FYROM
- November 2017, Brussels, Belgium
- March 2017, Tbilisi, Georgia
- 17-18 November 2016 in Rome, Italy, focused on UPU congress decisions, USO standard changes and passive RFID based tracking solutions
- 9-10 May 2016 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, focused on Leg2 management (continues) and Transit via AMS/postNL
- 10 - 11 November 2015 in Bucharest, Romania, focused on Leg2 management and tools
- WG meeting in Riga, Latvia on 5th-6th May 2015 focused on ECOMPRO, EMS and IT tools to monitor a quality performance in all 3 legs and IT tools to exchange pre-adviced data between designated operators and customs to meet Union Customs Code, ECOMPRO and Interconnect deliverables
- WG meeting in Frankfurt, Germany on 6th-8th October 2014 focused on latest development regarding customs, security and transport, i.e. "New Union Customs Code and its impact to the postal operation" followed by IPZ (OE) onsite visit
- WG meeting in Tallinn, Estonia on 21-22 May 2014 focused on Retail and Delivery Separation, last mile delivery operations and on-site visits to delivery office, retail office, Post24 (Pack Station/Parcel Terminal)
- Assessment of parcel processes in conjunction with the Process Review (“e-commerce Process Review”) in Azerbaijan Post (November 2014)
Support the Interconnect Programme W3 (non IPC) participants in onboarding to the Program during their „100 Day Plan“ (twinning partnership, meetings, W3 coordination activities with IPC...) and continuing support during the implementation phase of the Programme
- Coordination with the UPU Programme for 2014-2016 Quality of service, Supply chain and product development for the CIS & SEE (non EU) operators (expert missions, training for increased use of IPS, CDS...software to improve operations, support in meeting ECOMPRO/Interconnected project deliverables...)
Benefits of Participation
- Ops workshops are a great platform to discuss hot operational topics and get the latest information about the postal trend and legislation related to its impact to the postal operation.
- Networking among postal experts which helps to Identify counterparts for a later questions and support.
- Excellent place to learn how to use the latest available IT tools for operational improvement and get presentations according to the participants wishes and needs thanks to very close cooperation with UPU and IPC to invite speakers.
- View operational facilities (OEs, sorting hubs, delivery units, retail outlets, parcel terminals…) on-site and get very valuable background information
- Posteurop experts support in onboarding into the important UPU and Posteurop activities.
We are proud of very nice number of participants at the Ops meetings, usually we have around 50 participants from more than 20 postal operators.
Updated on 24 January 2019