- Operating income (revenues) at EUR 699.6m, up 18.2%, driven by excellent Parcels performance and acquisitions.
- Underlying Domestic Mail volume evolution at -6.7% impacted by tough comparables (-3.8% for 2Q16) and increased e-substitution in Transactional Mail. Strong positive Advertising mail volume trend.
- Outstanding Domestic Parcels volumes up 25.5% (+.3% for 2Q16) driven by strong e-commerce growth, new customers and continued positive trend in C2C. Price/mix effect of -6.6%, fully mix related.
- International Parcels up EUR 13.1m, supported by positive contribution from the acquisitions and increase in flows from Asia and Europe.
- Additional Sources of Revenues (up EUR 70.6m) driven by the acquisition of Ubiway.
- Organic costs evolution on track. Opex increase explained by the acquisitions for EUR +7.5m. Transport costs increased in line with positive international business evolution.
- EBITDA perfectly in line with last year and with guidance.
- Net profit of bpost SA/NV under BGAAP at EUR 76.5m.
Koen Van Gerven, CEO, commented: “The second quarter results are on track for 2017. The outstanding parcels performance, the positive contribution from our acquisitions and the strict cost control compensate the anticipated domestic mail volume decline and the regulatory constraints on the pricing for the small user basket. The new postal law just announced by the Belgian Government should ensure a stable and predictable regulatory framework for the Belgian postal market. We confirm our ambition to deliver the same level of operational result and dividend as last year. ”